Podcast advertising is a creative format that leverages the platform's intimate connection with listeners to get your message across simply and with impact.
15- or 30-second spots available in pre-roll only. Positioned before our programs on the Radio-Canada OHdio app as well as on external platforms like Apple Podcast, iTunes, Google Podcast and Spotify.
Out of respect for our listeners and to ensure transparency, all spots are preceded by the following audio disclosure: “Your selection will begin after this commercial.” This message is added at no charge by our team.
Podcasts are a different content experience than commercial radio:
- Individual listening experience (an individual selects a podcast).
- Intimate and deeply engaged listening experience. Listeners have actively selected the content and are often listening through earbuds or headphones.
Brandsell spots must be tailored to this environment through custom creatives.
- Tone is conversational rather than dramatic. Content is delivered in a natural speaking voice
- Minimalist creative approach is used
- Radio-Canada retains the right to refuse any ad that violates its standards. To prevent this from happening, we recommend sending us your script for pre-approval
- Commercial offers and URL mentions are allowed
- No direct or indirect link can be made with programming
- Content may not promote podcasts that are not part of the OHdio catalogue
Send your file in .wav format to your sales rep five business days before launch.
PRODUCING WITH RADIO-CANADA
Spots produced by our team may not be sent to other stations or broadcasters.
Submit your production request and related material to your sales rep. A production estimate will be issued.
Production turnaround times:
- Recording: 10 business days upon receipt of material
- Recording and script-writing: 14 business days upon receipt of material
What we need from you:
- Your preference for the voiceover (male/female voice, tone)
- Your script OR creative brief (if you want us to handle the writing)